Russian President Vladimir Putin could stay in power until 2036 after lawmakers voted in favor of a last-ditch proposal to reset the clock on the leader’s presidential term count in an updated version of the constitution.
Under current Russian law, Putin is required to step down as president in 2024, when his second consecutive term in office comes to an end.
The proposed constitutional amendment was brought by MP Valentina Tereshkova, a loyal Putin supporter, and called for the presidential term limit to either be scrapped or simply for Putin to be allowed to run for president again. CNN’s Matthew Chance reports.
#Putin #CNN #News
Xem Thêm Bài Viết:
- Phim Tài Liệu Chủ Tịch Hồ Chí Minh | Bác Hồ Trong Trái Tim Người Lính
- Hướng dẫn tự quyết toán thuế thu nhập cá nhân – Hoàn thuế thu nhập cá nhân năm 2019
- Tiểu sử diễn viên HOÀNG CẢNH DU
- [ENG SUB] We Got Married 4 우결4 – JaeRim♥SoEun Romantic blindfolded game 20141206
- Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin New Look 2021 ! Descendants of the Sun Season 2